Businesses will be provided educational resources to understand California’s organics recycling regulations.
On average, a restaurant loses over 4% of sales value on wasted food. This webinar covers practical strategies to reduce food waste and will help restaurants save money and benefit the community and planet.
Presented by City of Encinitas in collaboration with Solana Center, this 1-hour webinar will give food industry professionals the practical techniques and resources to cut back on food waste. A recent study showed that for every $1 invested in food waste reduction, businesses saved $6 or more. With California’s increasingly strict requirements around food waste, this webinar will help your business stay in compliance with state regulations, while also benefiting from these sustainable practices.
These simple strategies will benefit your business by:
- Saving Money
- Improving employee commitment
- Providing opportunities for press and community recognition
- Providing food to the 15% of our County that is still food insecure
- Contributing to a healthier planet
In this workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- Impacts of food waste on your business and the environment
- Food waste prevention solutions for back and front of the house
- Good news for your business about food donations
- Food waste legislation that impacts your business
This workshop is funded by:
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.