Take advantage of this rare opportunity to go behind-the-scenes for guided tours of local examples of various mid-scale composting systems.
These field trips do NOT address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those systems that fall in between: farms, parks, community gardens, schools, businesses, etc.
In this field trip, we'll visit the following:
- Coastal Roots Farm, Encinitas. This visit will feature an aerated windrow and deep litter composting with a chicken tractor. Learn more about deep litter composting here.
- A.B. Jones & Co., Encinitas. Commercial wormery.
Space is limited. Thanks to the County of San Diego, this event is FREE. However a REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $20 is required to register for this event. This deposit will be completely refunded when you sign in at the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations or after the event. Unincorporated County of San Diego residents receive preferential registration.
This event is part of the Mid-Scale Composting series:
- Mid-Scale Composting Overview - Del Mar - March 24, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - San Marcos & Escondido (1 of 2 Days) - March 31, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Management - Del Mar - April 14, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Regulations - Del Mar - April 21, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Benefits - Del Mar - April 28, 2018
If you're not already familiar with composting, check out one of Solana Center's free composting workshops!
This event is sponsored by:
Thanks to our site providers:
|Unincorporated County of San Diego resident||$ 20.00|
|Non-Resident of Unincorporated County of San Diego (waitlist)||$ 0.00|