The biggest chunk of electrical consumption in the average U.S. home is devoted to heating and cooling systems at 43 percent. Even in the heat of summer, there are ways to cut down on your energy bill — not to mention limit your contribution to climate change. Here are tips from our partner, SDG&E on how to save energy and money while keeping your cool. Reap rewards for saving electricity on hot days with SDG&E’s Reduce Your Use Rewards program. Here’s how it works:
- Enroll in Reduce Your Use alerts so you know when to save.
- Receive a day-ahead alert
- Save energy between 11a and 6p on the actual day
- Automatically earn rewards for saving
- View your reward credits online or on your bill
Looking for other ways to keep cooling costs down?
- Get a free smart thermostat
- View one-minute videos for quick tips on home cooling, weatherization and more
- Help your bill take a dip by using our no-cost Water and Energy Saving Kit
- Request an in-home energy survey