Join our award-winning organization to lead change for grassroots environmental action. Our dedicated team, through outreach and education initiatives, serves as a critical community resource for San Diego County on issues and practices surrounding soil, water, and zero waste. Solana Center is a non-profit organization and has worked with people of all ages and backgrounds to support local sustainability since 1983.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Solana Center seeks a results-oriented, organized individual with proven contract management experience to join our team. The Contract Manager will be the primary communication interface with existing contracts. They will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and identify additional opportunities for Solana Center services. This person will assess current contracts, negotiate amendments and renewals, and communicate those requirements to Solana Center staff.
- Provide primary communication with existing contracts
- Negotiate contract amendments and renewals
- Oversee contract planning
- Define and communicate contract requirements and tasks internally for Solana Center staff to implement
- Manage details of the budget to ensure work meets budget allocations
Business Development & Analysis
- Indentify prospective opportunities for Solana Center services for both existing and prospective customers using knowledge of:
- legislative requirements (current & potential)
- emerging environmental trends and capabilities
- Solana Center capabilities, costs, and customer needs
- Develop and maintain business relationships
- Prepare responses to RFPs and develop proposals for new service contracts
- Create contract budgets and participate in financial reporting
- Implement tools and processes for managing priorities and effective workflows
- Exceptional written and oral communicator
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
- Experienced collaborator able to work with diverse groups including all staff, contract administrators, community partners, corporate donors, and volunteers
- Strong computer skills, with extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with non-profits and environmental education
This position reports to the Executive Director. It is for part-time, hourly employment starting at $14/hour, according to the laws of the State of California. The position may be extended to full-time depending on performance and Solana Center's needs. Telecommuting and flexible work hours are part of our culture.
Mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal rate for work-related travel. There are no benefits for this position. Solana Center for Environmental Innovation is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter/email and resume to email@example.com.