If you’ve got time for lunch, you’ve got time for Lunch n Learn! Solana Center can come to your office and present on a number of fun and informative topics at your office.
Lunch n Learn Topics
- Traditional Composting: Compost, a nutrient-rich soil amendment, is the cornerstone to a great garden. Learn how to make your own!
- Vermicomposting (worms): An easy way to turn food waste into wealth for your garden
- Bokashi Composting: It’s not a new dance craze-- it’s an innovative method for composting food scraps, including dairy and meats!
- Water Wise Irrigation: Save water using drip irrigation, ollas (clay urns) and more
- Wet ‘n’ Wild: Hydroponics made simple
All About Water
- Protecting What You Have: Learning about storm water pollution
- Conserving What You Have: Utilizing grey water and water storage
- Capturing What You’re Given: Waste no water by learning rain water catchment strategies
- Let’s Talk Dirt!: BYOS (Bring your own soil) and learn how to improve your soil quality
- Lose Your Lawn, Grow Your Dinner: Skip the trip to the grocery store and learn how to grow an edible garden
- Plant Your Winter Garden: Get garden-ready for the new season
- Talking Birds and Bees: Celebrate nature and learn how to create a vibrant pollinator garden
- Bounty in a Small Space: Find opportunity in limited areas with container gardening
- Designing and Siting Your Garden: Learn how to create a garden space unique to your home
- Letting Nature Handle Nature: Banish poisons from your garden! Learn how to use integrated pest management techniques.
- Recycling 2.0: Sort through the confusion of what can and cannot recycled. You’ll be surprised!
- Zero Waste: Find out what all the buzz is about and what it really means