Vermicomposting (worm composting) is an environmentally-friendly way to turn your food waste into nutrient-rich castings for your plants or garden beds.
Learn how easy it is to start composting with red wiggler worms and check out how to start your own bin at home with the resources below!
Creating Your Worm Bin
- Build Your Own Worm Bin
- DIY: How to build your own in-ground worm bin
- Home Composting Resources (Where to purchase bins, worms, and supplies)
- Compost Bin Voucher Program for Unincorporated County Residents
- Compost Bin Voucher Program for City of San Diego Residents
Maintaining Your Worm Bin
- Compost It Yourself (CIY) Guide
- Worm Care Guide
- Wiggling Through Winter
- Squiggling Into Summer
- Red Wiggler Reproduction
- Critters In Your Compost!