San Diego County Farm Bureau’s 5th annual Farm and Nursery Expo will be held at the California Center for the Arts in Escondido on Wednesday, November 6 from 9:00am – 4:00pm. The expo is designed to support the diversity of Southern California agriculture. Invest one day, get a year of solutions!
- Thursday, November 4th, 8:00AM to 12:00PM (1 Volunteer)
- Thursday, November 4th, 12:00PM to 4:00PM (1 Volunteer)
Solana Center is bringing our interactive booth to teach others about composting and its importance to a healthy Earth. Help us provide the community with resources and inspiration to incorporate composting into their daily lives and work.
At this event you will assit with:
- Setting up our booth
- Sharing information about Solana Center
- Sharing information about composting and showing off our worms at work
- Packing up shop
- Must be excited about sharing and/or learning about sustainability and Solana Center!
- Must be comfortable engaging with the public
- Prior knowledge of composting is preffered but not required if you have an eagerness to learn! (Please contact email@example.com if you have no experience and we can discuss options)
- Must be able to stand for intervals of about 30 minutes and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to follow our Covid-19 Protocol below
At all future volunteer events, volunteers must bring proof of vaccination, whether this be through your issued vaccination card or through California's Digital Covid-19 Vaccine Record.
Mask guidelines will be clarified in your information email from the educator. As a measure to protect your health information, we will not keep any records of your vaccination status.
Volunteers must bring proof of vaccination. If you are unvaccinated, we ask that you provide a negative PCR test (only PCR tests will be accepted) from the last 7 days.
Volunteers must bring proof of a negative test to the volunteer shift (day of event). As a measure to protect your health information, we ask that bring it to the day of the event (or use the Digital Covid-19 Vaccine Record provided above).
Please do not email or text copies of your vaccination card.
If you are unable to provide either of the above, we ask that you do not come to any in-person shifts. We have several virtual opportunities that our volunteer coordinator would be more than happy to connect you to.
Click "Volunteer Now" to sign up! Questions? Contact Jessi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
340 N Escondido Blvd
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.