San Diegans from all over the county will be coming by to collect their rain barrels and join the fight to save water. We need your help getting the barrels ready and out to their new owners as customers roll through one by one.
Collecting rain water is a great way to reduce potable water use, prevent harmful run off, and give your plants fresh water.
Each barrel we send home can capture 50 gallons of water in just a few minutes of heavy rain! (depending on your roof configuration). Join us in helping San Diego catch this precious resource!
There are two types of volunteer shifts available at this event: Rain Barrel Distribution and Workshop Support
Rain Barrel Distribution Duties
- Staging and stickering rain barrels
- Loading Rain Barrels and accoutrements into cars
- Handling customer paper work
- Assisting customers with information and questions
Sunday, February 6th, 2022
- Rain Barrel Distribution: 8:00 am to 12:30 am (3 volunteers)
Opportunity Requirements & Important Notes
Attire: Wear clothes that you can move around in – we will be on our feet for this event!
Bring: Reusable water bottle – we have plenty of snacks.
Experience Needed: All experience levels welcome!
Age Requirements: Must be at least 16 years of age. All volunteers under the age of 18 must attend with a parent or guardian. Workshop Volunteer must be over 18 tears of age.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to move around and be on your feet for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Safety: All participants must sign an additional COVID-19 volunteer waiver BEFORE EVENT DAY (this will be sent in an info email 1-4 days before the event). All volunteers must bring proof of vaccination to event or a negative PCR test from the previous 7 days.
To Sign Up
Click on the 'Volunteer Now' button to sign up for a shift! Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event made possible through generous funding by
137 N El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.