Learn about composting and bokashi!
Join Solana Center for this 2-hour presentation at the Institute of Contemporary Art San Diego- North (formerly Lux Art Institute), where you will learn the basics of traditional composting and get an introduction to bokashi, a fermentation method that will enable you to compost all your food waste, including meat, dairy, and liquids.
This "pre-composting" process uses an inoculant of effective microbes to preserve kitchen scraps until you're ready to incorporate them into your soil or compost bin. Learn how bokashi can be used to increase your organic waste diversion and enrich your soil microbiome.
In this workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- What is composting and why it is so important
- What tools and materials you'll need
- Which items are compostable and which are not
- What is bokashi, and how is it used?
- What is bokashi, how does it work, and what are its benefits?
- Successfully fermenting your food scraps with bokashi
- Methods for composting bokashi-treated materials
Covid-19 Precautions: With the recent trend in Covid-19 cases related to the omicron variant, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of course participants. All portions of the course will be held outside, masks will be required at all times, and class size will be limited.
This composting workshop is funded by
Thanks to our site provider
1550 S. El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.