Join Solana Center for this workshop to discover why red wiggler worms are composting superstars! Vermicomposting has a benefit for everyone, whether you want to divert kitchen scraps from the landfill, compost in small spaces, or create a natural fertilizer for your plants. This workshop will teach you all about how to get started and maintain a happy home for red wiggler worms.
Please note that pre-registration is required to reserve a seat for this workshop. This workshop has limited capacity and we often receive walk-ins. To accommodate as many attendees as possible, your seat may be given away if you have not arrived within 5 minutes of the start time (9:55 AM).
In this workshop, we will cover
- Benefits of composting with worms
- Tools, materials, and steps to start a vermicompost bin
- How to feed your worms and which foods are suitable
- Troubleshooting and maintaining your worm bin
- Harvesting and using finished castings
Made possible through generous funding by
179 Diza Road
San Diego, CA 92173
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.