Thank you for your interest in volunteering for this event. Unfortunately, all volunteer positions have been filled. Please return to our volunteer opportunity page to check out more great events!
Help Solana Center run our store and deliver our great programs to the public! The Solana Center store, open twice a week, is a chance for volunteers to get involved with our programs from our home base. Each week on Thursdays from 12 PM to 5 PM and Saturdays from 9 AM - 1 PM, we welcome you to join us in at the Center to lend a hand in our store operations. Although responsibilities may change with any needs that may arise, in this role you will:
- Assist Solana Center staff with setup and/or breakdown of staging areas for our programs:
- e-waste collection, rain barrel distribution, Food Cycle bucket exchange, and curbside pickup of composting supplies
- Direct customers to fill out appropriate forms for e-waste collection and Food Cycle bucket exchanges
- Verify order information for customers picking up composting supplies and direct them to item pickup
- Must be okay with standing for prolonged periods of time
- Comfortable talking with the public and assuming a customer service approach
- Ability to think on your feet, troubleshoot unique problems, and communicate with staff and visitors clearly
- Some familiarity with Solana Center (as an organization, and the physical layout of the Center) would go a long way towards success in this role
- Ideally, we are looking for volunteers to commit to this role regularly, as to build familiarity with the the store's operations
- 1st half from 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
- 2nd half form 2:15 PM - 5:30 PM
- Entire shift 11:30 AM - 5:30 PM (simply sign up for both)
- All participants must sign additional COVID-19 volunteer waiver
- The self screening form must be completed no earlier than 24 hours within visiting the site
- All participants must bring and wear masks
- Social distancing (i.e. six feet of distance between individuals) will be maintained
- If you are currently or have recently have had symptoms please do not attend this event
Click on the 'Volunteer Now' button to sign up for a shift! Questions? Please email email@example.com.
137 N El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.