Join Solana Center for this 1-hour webinar where you will learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, our experienced educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a bin that fits your needs and lifestyle.
This webinar will be held using Zoom, so please note that you will need to have the Zoom application installed on your device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) to attend and participate. You will receive an email with the link and password to join upon registering. The webinar will be recorded, and the recording will be available for 2 weeks to City of Encinitas residents only.
In this webinar, we will cover
- What is composting and why it is so important
- Various types of compost bin options and how to pick which one works best for your needs
- What tools and materials you’ll need
- Which items are compostable and which are not
- How to build a compost pile