Join Solana Center for this 2-hour workshop where you will learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, our experienced educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a bin that fits your needs and lifestyle.
In this workshop, we will cover
- What is composting and why it is so important
- Various types of compost bin options and how to pick which one works best for your needs
- What tools and materials you’ll need
- Which items are compostable and which to avoid
- How to build, maintain, and troubleshoot a compost pile
Pre-registered attendees will receive a sample bag of compost from Miramar Greenery.
Please contact us with any questions:
Phone: (760)436-7986 ext. 700
Made possible through generous funding by
Thanks to our host
Mountain View/Beckwourth Library