This event is open to unincorporated county residents ONLY. If you are not an unincorporated resident and wish to be placed on the waitlist, please email email@example.com.
Join Solana Center for this 2-hour workshop where you will learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, our experienced educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a bin that fits your needs and lifestyle.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- What is composting and why it is so important
- Various types of compost bin options and how to pick which one works best for your needs
- What tools and materials you’ll need
- Which items are compostable and which to avoid
- How to build, maintain, and troubleshoot a compost pile
All unincorporated residents will also receive a free kitchen scraps caddy, courtesy of the County of San Diego.