Join Solana Center for this two-hour workshop where you will learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, our experienced educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a bin that fits your needs and lifestyle.
In this workshop, we will cover
- What is composting and why it is so important
- Various types of compost bin options and how to pick which one works best for your needs
- What tools and materials you’ll need
- Which items are compostable and which to avoid
- How to build, maintain, and troubleshoot a compost pile
All pre-registered attendees will receive a FREE kitchen scraps container, courtesy of the County of San Diego and supported in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.