Help Solana Center run our store and deliver our great programs to the public!
The Solana Center store, open twice a week, is a chance for volunteers to get involved with our programs from our home base. Each week on Thursdays from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, we welcome you to join us in at the Center to lend a hand in our store operations. Although responsibilities may change with any needs that may arise, in this role you will:
- Assist Solana Center staff with setup and/or breakdown of staging areas for our programs:
- e-waste collection, rain barrel distribution, Food Cycle bucket exchange, and curbside pickup of composting supplies
- Direct customers to fill out appropriate forms for e-waste collection and Food Cycle bucket exchanges
- Verify order information for customers picking up composting supplies and direct them to item pickup
- 1st half from 11:45 am – 2:30 pm
- 2nd half form 2:30 pm – 5:15 pm
- Entire shift 11:45 am – 5:15 pm (simply sign up for both)
1st half from 8:45 am – 11:30 am
2nd half from 10:30 am – 1:15 pm
- Entire shift 8:45 am 1:15 pm (simply sign up for both)
Opportunity Requirements & Important Notes
Attire: Wear clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes. Please dress appropriate to the weather as we will be outside.
Bring: Reusable water bottle, work gloves if you prefer to use your own.
Experience Needed: All levels of experience welcome!
Age Requirements: Must be at least 14 years of age. All volunteers under the age of 18 must have their parent/legal guardian fill out the registration form on their behalf.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, be comfortable talking with public with a customer service approach, and preferably have some familiarity with Solana Center. If you are new to Solana Center, please let our staff know when you arrive. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- If you are unable to lift 20 pounds but would like to volunteer, please communicate with Jessi in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative options.
First time volunteering with Solana Center? You can learn more about our organization, our programs, and browse our free resources through the links below!
- About Solana Center (learn about our history and who we are!)
- Our Programs (we have many!)
- Our Resources (learn more about composting topics we will explore at this event).
- Our Blog Posts (use this page to build upon your knowledge)
Please check your calendar before signing up for this event. If you sign up and are unable to make it, email email@example.com as soon as possible to cancel your volunteer shift so we can re-open your spot for someone else.