At Solana Center, we are on a mission to create a sustainable future by providing valuable resources and programs to our community. Join us as a volunteer to make a difference in promoting eco-conscious choices. We are currently seeking dedicated individuals to assist us at our Solana Center store, a hub for our programs and initiatives. By lending a hand during our operating hours, you’ll play a vital role in delivering our services to the public.
Our store is open twice a week to serve our community’s needs. We invite you to join us on Thursdays or Saturdays at our Center. As a volunteer, your responsibilities may vary depending on the needs of the day. Here’s what you can expect:
- Collaborate with Solana Center staff to set up and break down staging areas for our programs, including e-waste collection, rain barrel distribution, Food Cycle bucket exchange, and curbside pickup of composting supplies.
- Guide customers in completing necessary forms for e-waste collection and Food Cycle bucket exchanges.
- Verify order information for customers picking up composting supplies and direct them to the appropriate items.
- 1st half: 11:45 am – 2:30 pm
- 2nd half: 2:30 pm – 5:15 pm
- Entire shift: 11:45 am – 5:15 pm (feel free to sign up for both halves)
- 1st half: 8:45 am – 11:00 am
- 2nd half: 11:00 am – 1:15 pm
- Entire shift: 8:45 am – 1:15 pm (you can sign up for both halves)
Opportunity Requirements & Important Notes:
Attire: Dress comfortably, wearing clothes that can handle some dirt. Closed-toe shoes are necessary. Please also consider the weather conditions, as some tasks may take place outside.
Bring: Bring a reusable water bottle and, if preferred, your own work gloves.
Experience Needed: No prior experience required! We welcome volunteers of all levels.
Age Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian fill out the waiver on their behalf.
Physical Requirements: Volunteers should be capable of standing for extended periods and comfortable engaging with the public in a customer service-oriented approach. Ideally, volunteers will have some familiarity with Solana Center. If you’re new to our organization, please inform our staff upon arrival. The ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required.
If you are unable to lift 20 pounds but still wish to contribute, please reach out to email@example.com, and we’ll provide alternative options.
This volunteer event is great for:
Join us in our mission to create a sustainable future and inspire positive change in our community.
First time volunteering with Solana Center? You can learn more about our organization, our programs, and browse our free resources through the links below!
- About Solana Center (learn about our history and who we are!)
- Our Programs (we have many!)
- Our Resources (learn more about composting topics we will explore at this event).
- Our Blog Posts (use this page to build upon your knowledge)