We need half a dozen waste warriors to help us train our young eco-stewards about waste awareness and proper lunch waste sorting so we can put a cap on our waste stream. This volunteer opportunity will be a two part session taking place over two days, taking place at a very small school (we work with grades K through 8) in the outskirts of El Cajon with several children from the Kumeyaay tribe in attendance. Please communicate with volunteer coordinator if you would like to discuss carpool options.
At this event, volunteers will
- Engage and offer guidance to youth on recycling and
- Support instructor during the presentation and assist with classroom management.
- Must enjoy working with kids
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to follow our Covid-19 Guidelines below
- At this event we require either proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative PCR test within 7 days of the event.
- These requirements must be provided on the day of the event.
- Reminders will be sent out prior to each volunteer event. As a measure to protect your health information, Solana Center will NOT keep any records of your vaccination or test status.
If you’re unable to provide documentation for either proof of vaccination or proof of a negative PCR test, we ask that you do not sign up to volunteer at events that require them. We have several other opportunities that our volunteer coordinator would be more than happy to connect you to.