As a Regional Gardening Education Center, Solana Center received funding from the countywide Healthy Works program to develop a "library" of garden tools to lend to members of the community. The goal of the library is to support San Diego County residents with their garden projects at homes, schools, and community gardens.
Our library includes a variety of tools, from basic garden spades and pruning tools to a post-driver and a long-handled fruit picker. Please see below for information about borrowing procedures and for a list of the library's tools. Home, school, and community gardens are an important part of healthy, sustainable communities, and Solana Center is looking forward to supporting your efforts!
- Visit Solana Center during our office hours or by appointment.
- If borrowing for the first time, please bring a lease agreement, recent utility bill or tax bill with your name listed and your photo ID.
- We will complete the computerized checkout procedure with you and ask you to sign the Agreement and Waiver.
- Tools are due back within 7 days but may be renewed once if there are no pending requests.
- Tools may be returned Tuesday and Thursday between 8:30am and 4:00pm.
Please contact us with any questions.
Below is the list of all the tools that are available:
- Pick mattock
- Planter mattock
- 5-tine manure fork
- Extended-handle pole saw and pruner Hand shears/pruners
- Landscape rake
- Long-handled round-point shovel Short-handled square-point shovel Soil tamper
- Scoop shovel
- Stake driver
- Clamshell posthole digger
- PVC pipe cutter
- Irrigation tube hole-punch
- Long level
- Fruit harvester
- “Wisp” snipper