Join Solana Center for this two hour workshop where you will learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, our experienced educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a bin that fits your needs and lifestyle.
In this workshop, we will cover:
- What is composting and why it is so important
- Various types of compost bin options and how to pick one that works best for your needs
- What tools and materials you’ll need
- Which items are compostable and which to avoid
- How to build, maintain, and troubleshoot a compost pile
All pre-registered attendees who are residents of unincorporated San Diego County can receive a FREE kitchen scraps container, courtesy of the County of San Diego. View it here.