Learn how to create a less thirsty and environmentally-friendly landscape at this workshop at Pine Valley Library! Solana Center’s knowledgeable educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a garden that fits San Diego’s semi-arid climate. All pre-registered attendees who are residents of unincorporated San Diego County will receive a FREE kitchen scraps container, courtesy of the County of San Diego.
Priority registration is reserved for residents of unincorporated San Diego County. All others will be placed on a waitlist and notified 1-2 weeks before the workshop date if space is available. Enter your address here to determine which ticket you are eligible for. You may only select an unincorporated ticket if the result is exactly “Jurisdiction_Boundary: S.D. COUNTY”. All other results will be waitlisted.
- For residents of unincorporated San Diego County only: Enter the number of people in your party for “Unincorporated Residents ONLY – Registration” tickets
- For all other residents: Enter the number of people in your party for “Non-Unincorporated Residents – Waitlist” tickets
In this workshop, we will cover
- Climate-appropriate planting
- Using mulch and compost to build healthy soil that conserves water
- Soil types and gardening styles
- Managing irrigation efficiently
Please contact us with any questions
Phone: (760) 436-7986 ext. 700