***Our Tool Lending Library is currently on hold due to Covid-19 guidelines, but we are working to get the program up and running again with revised safety protocols. Please check back again soon!***
As a Regional Gardening Education Center, Solana Center received funding from the countywide Healthy Works program to develop a "library" or shed of garden tools to lend to members of the community. The goal of the library is to support San Diego County residents with their home, school and community garden projects.
Our lending shed includes a variety of tools, from basic garden spades and pruning tools to a post-driver and a long-handled fruit picker. Please see below for information about borrowing procedures and for a list of tools. Home, school, and community gardens are an important part of healthy, sustainable communities, and Solana Center supports these efforts on a regular basis! Our Tool Lending Library was made possible with support from the City of Encinitas and Mizel Family Foundation Community Grant Program.
View the Tool Inventory
*Please note we no longer lend out our wood chipper*
- To borrow or return tools, visit Solana Center during our office hours or by appointment.
- If borrowing for the first time, please bring your photo ID.
- We will complete the computerized checkout procedure with you and ask you to sign the Agreement and Waiver.
- Tools are due back within 7 days but may be renewed once if there are no pending requests.
- Read our Tool Lending Library Policy and Waiver.
Please contact us with any questions.