The Healthy Soils Program is currently accepting applications!
California Department of Food and Agriculture’s (CDFA) Healthy Soils Program (HSP) provides financial assistance to California farmers and ranchers for implementation of one or more of the HSP agricultural management practices to improve soil health, including compost & mulch application, cover cropping, no-till methods, conservation planting, and more. CDFA has been allocated $50 million for its current cycle of HSP awards, and applicants can receive up to $100,000 in funds for the three-year project if their application is approved. Applications are reviewed and funds are distributed on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly recommended so your project can be reviewed by CDFA while funds are still available.
Solana Center is working with CDFA to provide technical assistance to HSP incentives program grant applicants, free of charge to you. We can offer help with completing and submitting your application, and if approved, we are here to guide you through implementing and preparing documentation for your project.
Interested in applying for a Healthy Soils Program grant?
- Join our Interest List to receive updates.
- Watch the recording from our overview webinar which aired on November 16. CDFA's video on How to Apply for the HSP Incentives Program expands upon the demonstration given at the end of the webinar.
- Sign up for a 1-on-1 meeting to receive personalized help with planning your project and completing your application. We recommend watching the webinar recording linked above and/or reviewing the documents linked below before your meeting so that we can provide the best assistance during your meeting.
- Email email@example.com with inquiries about the program.
Important links for applicants
- Request for Grant Applications (provides a written description of the program, eligibility, application process, and expectations)
- Preview of Application Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Work Plan Template
- Application Sign-In